Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category

The Government of Belize and the Government of the United Arab Emirates signed an agreement on economic cooperation today 9th October, 2019 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

IMG-20191021-WA0002

Minister Contreras, Hon. Rene Montero, H.E. Oliver del Cid and H.E. Sultan bin Saeed al Mansouri

The agreement establishes a framework for expanding the economic relationship between the two countries in a number of key areas, including:

  • Trade in goods and services
  • Investment
  • Transportation
  • Agriculture, including Agro-processing, Livestock, and Fisheries
  • Energy and Renewable Energy
  • Industry
  • Infrastructure and Construction
  • Tourism

IMG-20191021-WA0000
The agreement includes the establishment of a Joint Economic Commission that will include public and private sector representatives and will be co-chaired by the Minister of Economic Development of Belize and the Minister of the Economy of the United Arab Emirates.

IMG-20191021-WA0015

Left to Right: Honorable Rene Montero, Lord Neil Gibson, Dubai Officials, Honorable Erwin Contreras, and H.E. Oliver del Cid

The Economic Cooperation Agreement was signed on behalf of the Government of Belize by the Hon. Erwin Contreras, Minister of Economic Development, Petroleum, Investment, Trade and Commerce, and on behalf of the Government of the United Arab Emirates by H.E. Sultan bin Saeed al Mansouri, Minister of the Economy.

IMG-20191021-WA0010

Minister Contreras, Hon. Rene Montero, H.E. Oliver del Cid

Minister Contreras was accompanied on this trip by the Hon. Rene Montero, Minister of Works, and H.E. Oliver del Cid, Ambassador of Belize to Mexico.

 

76B2FAD6-205A-456A-AE34-9320C1DFD862Introduction 

Our  vision  is  to  build  a  city  composed  of  modular  units  that  can  be  readily  added  to  or  removed  from  a  framework  to  meet  rising  demand, accommodate the social mobility of owners who wish to upgrade their living spaces, and simplify the moving process. Each single modular unit is based on a standard 40 ft high cube shipping container which offers 8 ft 10 in of interior height and spans 8-by-40 ft. Units can be combined in a cohesive  manner  as  desired  both horizontally  and  vertically  on  a  piece  of  land  with  some  constraints  to  provide  the  desired  living  space arrangement for each owner. Double height ceilings could be offered at a premium on a limited basis. All units will be off-grid capable through the use of rooftop solar panels or wind turbines and provisioning of their own independent water source. 

For  tract  home  models,  a  virtual  marketplace  enables  owners  to  either  seek  or  advertise  available  space  in  a  particular  locale  and  make arrangements for the moving of entire living spaces—the involved parties could be connected locally or on opposite sides of the country, whereby preexisting  infrastructure  such  as  railway  or  freight  transport  can  be  used  in  these  cases.  The  only  fixtures  that  would  remain  on  such  a  property would  be  any  exterior  landscaping  and  city  infrastructure  such  as  supply  sources  for  gas,  electric,  water,  and  other  utilities,  which  could  be disconnected from and connected to a modular unit by a service specialist with reusable and specially-designed equipment. 

The hassle and cost of open houses would be a thing of the past for homeowners, as prospective movers would visit their destination locale without the need to disrupt  

the current owner since movers would be retaining their homes and simply executing a change of their surrounding environment. We  will  develop  the  equipment  needed  to  (1)  simplify  the  “last  mile”  home  transportation  process  (akin  to  how  the  modern  forklift  has  greatly simplified  and  sped  up  the  process  of  moving  pallets  of  material  within  a  warehouse)  and  (2)  site  these  homes  to  compatible  foundational frameworks. Units will be designed with both simplicity and robustness in mind to enable their removal and siting within 2 days if within the same locale,  the  only  difference  in  duration  for  further  distances  due  to  the transport  itinerary.  Due  to  the  prefabricated  nature  of  its  construction,  we project that up to 1000 modular units can be installed within one week.

Included  with  each  unit  is  a  specialized  electric  car  designed  for  automated  self-driving  between  pre-marked  routes  to  local  hotspots  such  as schools, supermarkets, and hospitals. Each car is capable of automatically parking itself in its assigned space within a certain vicinity at home and docking itself to be charged overnight. The self-navigation of these cars will be supported by the combination of a moderate guidance-electronics infrastructure  built  into  both  the  city  roads  and  the  cars  themselves,  and  coordinated  location  and  speed  tracking  methods  to  achieve  collision avoidance. A free smartphone app will also be developed to enable regular cars to join the safety net afforded by this infrastructure. The app will 

self-report location and speed to other user-drivers in the vicinity and also provide traffic analysis and suggestions based on the information it has collected on its network to provide greater situational awareness to all drivers on the road and give early warning before collisions occur. A means to beneficially shape traffic flow can be exploited by broadcasting a recommended speed limit (based on tested algorithms) from the back of the car to optimize traffic flow and prevent certain traffic jams from occurring. 

To alleviate the need to build an abundance of specialized, likely costly public charging stations for these vehicles to support long distance travel, the  power  management  and  charging  system  for  each  of  these  cars  would  be  designed  in  such  a  way  as  to  permit  smartphone  app  transactions between vehicle owners to occur whereby money is offered to initiate an equitable transfer of a portion of the charge from one car to the next. Off-grid  solar-powered  super  capacitor  stations  can  be  designed  and  developed  to  provide  a  means  for    harvesting  electrical  energy  and  rapidly supplying charge to or receiving charge from vehicles. Integrated into this transportation system are mobile medical and dental care provider units catered to the individual needs of a patient in the event of  an  emergency.  Additionally,  a  computer  lab and  tutoring  services  will  be  offered  on  a  mobile  bus  facility  for  children  to  engage  in  dynamic learning experiences throughout their local community. 

Some of the services we hope to include in each city community include an outdoor movie theater, gyms restricted to residents, an eclectic mix of restaurants  and  organic  supermarkets,  children  and  pet-friendly  parks,  and  facilities  for  sports  such  as  basketball  and  soccer.

For  multi-level residential complexes, shopping centers  and community gathering areas will be located on the rooftop for best views of the cityscape and ocean. A  wearable  human-powered  exoskeleton  will  be  developed  to  enable  the  elderly  and  the  handicapped  to  perform  difficult  physical  tasks  such  as moving furniture or other large objects. This equipment would be offered to residents on a rental.

  

C7BF6738-2DAA-48A0-96EC-9BEC4C4A1D45

The largest gathering of Blockchain enthusiasts in the world gathered in Dubai’s World Trade Centre on May 2ndand 3rd and Lord Neil Benjamin Gibson was invited to attend, receiving a V.I.P. pass from the event’s marketing team.

The event was organized on the back of Sheikh Hamdanbin Mohammed Al Maktoum’s announcement in 2016 mandating that Dubai is to be the world’s first Blockchain powered city by 2021 and Lord Gibson, being intrigued by the event, could not turn down the invitation. It was for this precise reason that he made the move from the U.S.A. to Dubai. The vision of the Dubai’s leaders marries perfectly with that of Gibson, and he is keenly invested in exploring new opportunities and diversifying his business portfolio.

A gathering on this scale showcasing the potential, indeed probable, future of technology indicates that exciting times are afoot in the technology world and Dubai is positioning itself in the middle of this technological revolution, once again proving the decision made by Lord Neil Benjamin Gibson to move his business operations to the Middle East to be an astute one.

On the day Lord Gibson had the opportunity to attend a talk given by a representative of the government of Georgia, who have recently become the first country to convert its land register entirely to Blockchain. This was an extremely interesting talk and of particular interest to Gibson given his worldwide property portfolio.

Lord Gibson also took the opportunity to hear talks given by leading IT security experts as they gave their first glimpse into the next generation of cyber security technologies. It is a startling fact that 56% of companies in the Middle East have suffered losses greater than $500,000 due to cyber-attacks in the last 12 months. As a result of this, the Middle East cyber security market is projected to grow to $9.56 billion in 2019. Lord Gibson fully intends to be ahead of the curve when it comes to such matters.

The Future Blockchain Summit proved to be an eye opener for Lord Gibson and he is enthused by what lies ahead.

Why Greatness Attracts Greatness

It is a well-known phenomenon that greatness attracts greatness and with this in mind it is not surprising that when Welsh rugby star Alex Cuthbert spent time in Dubai recently, it was spent in the company of Lord Neil Benjamin Gibson.

Being a tall and imposing figure himself, it is a rare occurrence that Lord Gibson ever has to look up to anyone when in their company, but at 1.98m tall and weighing 106kg, Cuthbert is a particularly impressive man. Aged only 28, he has made 47 appearances for the Welsh Rugby team scoring 80 points, with the highlight being the two tries he scored against England in the 2013 Six Nations Championship which led to his selection for the 2013 British and Irish Lions tour to Australia.

Gibson and Cuthbert spent time together socializing and relaxing on the Palm Jumeirah, in the company of their respective partners, Orla Burke and Sarah Connolly, who are longstanding friends from Dublin. Cuthbert was delighted to be hosted by Neil and Orla and being an avid golfer he even madetime to fit in a round of golf at the extremely impressive Dubai Creek Golf Club. It was a welcome respite for both men in the midst of hectic schedules. Cuthbert has recently transferred from Cardiff Blues to Exeter Chiefs and it preparing for this new challenge, whilst Gibson is currently in the final stages of an extremely lucrative property deal in the Bahamas, more of which to follow shortly.

With free time becoming an increasingly rare commodity, especially for men who operate on the level of Lord Gibson and Cuthbert, it is essential to spend the moments gleamed from work wisely and in the company of like-minded people who will enhance the time you spend with them. It is a lesson that Neil Gibson learned when he was younger, not to waste your time on those who do not deserve it, not to give your most valuable commodity to time-wasters who will leave you feeling emotionally drained and frustrated.

This is the real reason that greatness does indeed attract greatness. Men like Lord Neil Benjamin Gibson and Alex Cuthbert realize how important their time is and they instinctively recognize that trait in one another. Despite their vastly different areas of expertise, the characteristics that make both men successful overlap and the time spent in one another’s company was time enhanced.

Lord Gibson and Orla are looking forward to welcoming Alex and Sarah to their upcoming wedding in Lake Como, Italy.

 

"VFMLID=24430852"

Having been born in Walton Hall, Lord Neil B. Gibson’s journey in this life began on September 10th, in the year of 1963. As his life continued to flourish, he acquired lands and thus retained his Lord title as demonstrated today. Pursuant to the Law of Property Act of 1925, the titles Lord of Wheldrake and Warter Priory are under the Assignor Asset, claimed as incorporeal rights to the said style and title.

Wheldrake and Warter Priory are within a 25 mile radius as the crow flys of each other.

Built in the Palladian style of 1767 on an island within a 26-acre (11 ha) lake situation on a former moated hall reminiscent of the medieval era, Walton Hall remains a stately home in the county of West Yorkshire, England, adjacent to Wakefield. The home boasts ancestry to the naturalist and traveller, Charles Waterton, converting Walton Hall into the world’s first wildfowl and nature reserve. Waterton’s son, Edmund, sold the estate.

The Waterton Collection is now in Wakefield Museum.

Waterton Park Hotel enjoys the privilege of having Walton Hall as a part of its establishment, where as prior it functioned as a maternity home in the 1940s, the early 1950s and once more in the early 1960s. 

Walton Hall, with his residence at Cawthorne, was an abode to Ailric, the Old English (Anglo-Saxon) Chieftain and ancestor of Charles Waterton, as further described in the Domesday Book, and was the Kings Thane for South Yorkshire. During the first arrival of the Normans to Yorshire, Ailric resided at Walton Hall, alerted of the forthcoming force by a man on horseback. In reaction to the warning, Ailric hastily amassed his retainers and ambushed the mounted Norman knights of Ilbert de Laci, moving via the Tanshelf road to Wakefield, by horseback. However, the Ilbert de Laci knights were superior in armour and weaponry, successfully driving off Ailric’s attempted ambush. For approximately 2 to 3 years, Ailric maintained a guerrilla war through his estates in the west of South Yorkshire, until finally Illbert was forced to reach an accommodation with him, resulting in Ailric communicating with the local people and being granted back many of his former estates, including Walton Hall. 

One descendant of this family relation, Sara le Neville, married Thomas De Burgh, the Steward of the Countess of Brittany, Duchess of Richmond. Throughout the year, she lived at Walton Hall, which was one of six manors, including the Silkstone and Cawthorne along with the De Burgh manors in North Yorkshire. Sir Philip de Burgh, in 1333, was granted a license to ‘crenelate’ his Walton Hall manor house.

The Cawthorne estates and those at Walton, which incorporated Walton Hall, was acquired by the Waterton family through the marriage of Constance Asshenhull, the heiress of the De Burgh family, to Richard Wateron in 1435.

During the era of Sir Robert Wateron, having served King Henry VIII, the hall was three storeys high and came to the waters edge. Sir Richartd Tempest, the father-in-law to Sir Robert Waterton, who was at the Field of the Cloth of Gold with King Henry VIII, was also Steward of the King’s manor of Wakefield and involved in the Tempest-Saville Feud. The old watergate is the only part of the old buildings that remain, which has been said to be part of an earlier 14th century structure. At the time, it was the only entrance to be made, which was across a lowered drawbridge. On the second storey and in an L shape, was the old hall as referred by Charles Wateron.

The armorial shields, fastened to the walls and representative of the Waterton family ancestors, is still found in the entrance hallways of Walton Hall. Intermarriage with other prominent Yorkshire families of the medieval age, including the Percys, Barnbys, Wentworths and the Hildydards, among others, became part of the Wateron family lineage.

TEMPELNEWSHAM

Born and raised in Yorkshire, not a great distance from the Templenewsam House, Lord Neil B. Gibson visited the site on a regular basis, of whom his grandmother resided in the late 1940s, though not the Lady of the house, frequently walked among that circle. Such history demonstrates, once again, the draw of Lord Neil B. Gibson to the house, and his strong spiritual connection to the domicile and the Knights of Templar. 

Temple Newsam (historically understood as Temple Newsham, Templestowe by legend) (grid reference SE357322) consists of grounds landscaped by Capability Brown, and is a Tudor-Jacobean house, in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. East of the city, the estate is just south of Halton Moor, Halton Whitkirk and Colton.

The property has been labeled as Neuhusam by the Domesday Book, and previously owned by Ilbert de Lacy, and by the Anglo-Saxon thanes, Dunstan and Glunier, prior. During approximately 1155 it was given to the Knights of Templar, where as in 1307 the Templars were suppressed and in 1377, by royal decree, the estate reverted to Sir Philip Darcy. Between 1500 and 1520 a Tudor country house, Temple Newsam House, was built on the site, described as [1] by some as “the Hampton Court of the North”, and [2] spelled “Newsham” in the past.

The property was seized by the Crown during the execution of Darcy in 1537 for the role he played in the Pilgrimage of Grace. In 1544, Henry VIII gave it to his niece, Margaret, the Countess of Lennox and her husband, Matthew Stuart, the Earl of Lennox. Lord Darnley, their son Henry, was born in the house during 1545. Lord Darnely married Mary, the Queen of Scots, and Temple Newsam was seized by the Crown again in 1565. However, in 1603, James I granted the estate to his relative, Ludovic, the Duke of Lennox, until it acquired by Sir Arthur Ingram for £12,000 in 1622. Through out the next 20 years, the mansion was rebuilt and incorporated a portion of the previous structures of the west wing.

Between 1736 and 1746, Henry Ingram, Sir Arthur’s grandson of whom was created Viscount of Irvine and married to Lady Essex Montagu, the daughter of the Earl of Manchester, remodelled the west and north wings of the house, building new bedrooms and dressing rooms, including the picture gallery. Charles, 9th Viscount, during the 1760s, employed Capability Brown to re-landscape the park. Isabella, Marchioness of Hertford, his eldest daughter, was a mistress for a time to the Prince of Wales (later George IV). He visited Templed Newsam in 1806 and presented Isabella with Chinese wallpaper and the Moses tapestries. Lady Hertford eventually inherited the house in 1807. Hugo Francis Meynell Ingram inherited the estate in 1841, and his wife in 1871 following his death. Ingram’s wife considerably developed the estate until her own death in 1904, when it was left to her nephew Edward Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax.

The Leeds Corporation at Knostrop, in 1909, compulsorily purchased 610 acres (2.5 km2) of the estate in order to build a sewage plant, along with the commencement of coal mining at the edge of the park. In 1922, Edward Wood sold the park and house to Leeds Corporation for a nominal sum, and placed covenants over the property to ensure future preservation.

The Knights Templar

Lord Neil Gibson, his family history and lineage were with the founding fathers of the Knights Templar. Gibson,a Scottish and English surname, derived from a patronymic form of the common mediaeval personal name Gib, is a short form of Gilbert. Variant forms of the surname include Gibsoun, Gipson, Gibbson, Gibbons, Gilson, Gibb, and Gibby among others.

Gilbert, the personal name, was introduced into Britain by followers of William the Conqueror, shortly after the Norman Invasion of 1066. The Norman name, originally found as Gislebert or Gillebert, is composed of the Germanic elements Gisil, meaning “hostage” or “noble youth”, and berht, meaning “bright” or “famous”. The name, Gilbert, became very popular in England during the Middle Ages. It’s been rumored that Lord Neil B Gibson’s ancestor were  to be part of the group who were believed to be related to Hugh de Payens. Some further even believe Lord Gibson to be a descendent of Hugh de Payens. There are records of a Templar meeting in Belize South America where Lord Neil B Gibson was regressed, by a member of the High commission of Templars and witnessed that Lord Neil Gibson demonstrated the signs of being a  descendant of Hugh de Payens. Many other people have been regressed in the same manner, which displays there connection to other famous Knights Templar leaders. 

Formed in 1118 by Hugh de Payens, the Knights Templar were created in order to protect the road to Jerusalem from the Muslims and Jews. They were a combination of monk and soldier, similar to the Knights Hospitaller as a response earlier to treat the sick from the crusades. Both orders spread rapidly throughout Europe. It was presumed that during the reign of David I that both orders were endowed lands in Scotland. The Knights Templar were granted estates near Drumchapel:- Temple (hence the name, at Anniesland), Jordanhill (named after the middle-eastern land by the Templars) and the surrounding woodland that became known as Knightswood, of which parts are named North and South Templar. Most of the Knightswood estate was a detached portion of Jordanhill, though much had an ancient and honourable history of its own accord. The name commemorates the Knights Templar who had been granted these lands and the wood for their services in the crusades.

Cyprus became the headquarters of the order as the fighting in the middle-east worsened. A hierarchy of order took precedence, with the master of the Scottish Templars answering to the English master; who in turn answered to the French master; who would then answer to the Cypriot grand master. The Templar vocation dominated, causing national patriotism to become second. The Templars became a wealthy international agency, skilled in banking and shipbuilding. It was not unheard of for Scottish knights to be often found in other European countries and English knights frequently managing the Scottish Templar bases.

The Knights Templar history is intertwined with the Wars of Independence between Scotland and England, where the stories of Wallace and Bruce became famous. It’s said that Sir William Wallace is to have killed Brian le Jay, the English master, and John de Soutre, the Scottish master, after the battle of Falkirk. Yet, the Templar knights are reputed to be present at Bannockburn fighting alongside Bruce. Their switching of allegiance is a story worthy of recount.

King Philip IV of France, ‘the fair’, disliked the Knights Templar. The Templars refused King Philip entry into the knighthood when he was younger, sided with Pope Boniface VIII when he was in dispute with the Pope, and eventually owed the Templars money. King Philip later became in need of capital and, upon Boniface’s death in 1303 and after the short reign of Benedict XI, a French cardinal based in Avignon became Pope as Clement V in 1305, proving to be puppet of the French king.

Meanwhile, Robert the Bruce killed Comyn in a church at Dumfries, in Scotland.. For this sin, he was excommunicated by Clement V just 6 weeks after his coronation as King of Scots in 1306. Ruled by the English, the Scots cause appeared weak, suffering from an excommunicated King and only a guerrilla army for support. However, under Bruce’s leadership the Scots began gaining the upper hand.

In October 1307, Friday 13th, the most acknowledged beginning of the superstition surrounding the date and the phrase ‘Unlucky for some’, Philip IV had every French Templar knight that he could find arrested. The charges brought against them consisted of denying Christ, sodomy, and worshiping an idol called Baphomet. Through torture he obtained orchestrated confessions, though many knights chose to die rather than lie and impune their order. These confessions were presented to Clement V who issued a bull, ordering the Templar knights be arrested in every country and their property seized.

Edward II now clung to power in Scotland and had the Scottish templars arrested and tried at Holyrood on 17th November 1309. The court resulted in a not proven verdict, largely due to the resistance of the Scottish army, however  the order was eventually ‘abolished’ in 1312. In reality, the Templar Knights merged with the Hospitallers, and the master of the combined order sat in the Scottish Parliament as the Grand Prior of the Hospital and the Temple.

Fleeing knights from France and elsewhere sought sanctuary. Scotland became the obvious refuge, its king excommunicated by the Pope and in need of trained soldiers. Tradition claims that Bruce himself was a Templar Knight, thus instigating the Templar’s switch of allegiance to the Scots side against the English, and their reputed presence at Bannockburn. The defeated Edward II seized the Templar property in England in the following year, due to strong circumstantial evidence of their aiding the Scots cause.

The Temple and the Lodge, written by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, identified a number of Templar graves in Argyll, near the Lennox. They write ‘most are the work of a group of sculptors working around Loch Awe in the late 14th to 15th centuries.’ Left is an effigy of a knight at Old Kilpatrick Parish Church graveyard in the Lennox. Baigent and Leigh further state ‘According to the practice of the time, the dead man’s sword would be laid on the stone. Its outline would be incised and chiselled. The carving would thus reflect precisely the dimensions, shape and style of the original weapon.’.

The order began to take on a more Scottish character than before, with more Scots found in its membership. The knights acted as clergy in many parishes until the reformation. Families such as the Sinclairs, Hamiltons and Montgomerys all have strong Templar associations. It therefore comes as no surprise then to find the Hamiltons in possession of many lands around the area of Drumchapel, Law, Cochno and the remaining parts of Lennox, further considering the close proximity of the Knights at Temple, Jordanhill and Knightswood. Montgomerys are discovered as priests of St. Mary’s Chapel, Drumry – most likely as a family concern from Gilbert, the first priest noted, but certainly from Thomas Montgomery to the last priest Bartholomew Montgomery.

The church name hints at Templar origins. Dedication to the Virgin Mary is common among Templar churches; Helen Nicholson’s The Knight’s Templar: A new history notes that the Virgin Mary was seen as the patron and lady of the order. The Sign and Seal, by Graham Hancock, reveals that the Virgin Mary is symbollised through both the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant, of which the Templars are linked:-The knights were originally based in the Temple of Solomon in Jerusalem which once held the Ark of the Covenant; and traditionally the Knights Templar were the guardians of the Grail, also linked to King Arthur, bringing us back to Nennius’ eighth battle.

Taking place in Guinnon fort, Arthur carried the image of the Holy Mary, the everlasting virgin, on his shield during the eighth battle, battling and putting to flight the pagans hordes on that day, victory in their slaughter through the power of Jesus Christ and the virgin Mary.

Thus it may be that through both the Templar origins and the local history of Arthur that the church was so named. It may even have started as a Templar church.

Henry Sinclair, Earl of Orkney, sailing to North America in 1398 – well before Christopher Columbus – adds further glamour to the Templars. A ancient stone found in Nova Scotia with the 14th century etching of the Sinclair crest and map of the coast seem to support this claim (see Scotsman Online for details). Legend has it that Freemasonry was to evolve from Scottish Templars. Whether this is true or not, this only adds to the mystery of the Knights Templar.KNIGHThttp://www.lordgibson.com

New Image Added

Posted: December 17, 2013 in Uncategorized
Tags:

Lord Neil Gibson, Tammy Lier Gibson and Nestor Mendez Belize Ambasador